Note: This reviews the Standard View of reports. Please see our collection on the New View for information on those reports.
1) Click on the "Reports" tab on the left-hand menu in Megaphone.
2) Choose which of the three main reports you'd like to view - Performance, Geography, or Applications (for users with additional reporting capabilities, please reach out to our Live Chat with any questions).
The Performance Report will show you total downloads for your Episode, Podcast, or Orders (for Ad Ops teams) across all platforms.
The Audience Geolocation Report will show you, based on geo-IP location, where your listeners are located around the world. Once the report has ran, you can zoom in and look at listeners by Country, Region/State, and City.
The Audience Applications Report shows which Applications your listeners are using to download your reports. For more information on app user-agent strings, see this article with more information: https://podnews.net/article/podcast-app-useragents.
Note: Apple Core Media indicates the download happened on an Apple device but doesn't give us enough information to be more specific (i.e. if it was the Podcasts app on an iPhone or iTunes on a desktop/laptop). We report on all applications that are publicly available to us. If you see "unknown," the user's app is not known to Megaphone and therefore we are unable to report with any more certainty.
3) Familiarize yourself with the buttons you need to build your report.
Once you have launched any report, take note of four buttons that will help you manipulate and save your data. These functions are the "Add Items" button, the "Run Report" button, the "Date Range" selector, and the "Download" button.
Selecting between an entire Podcast, individual Episodes, or specific Orders, you can customize which report is being ran and for which indicators. To run another report, simply press the "Remove All" button and add new items.
By default, reports look at the past 30 days, but often we need to view data for a specific window by using the Date Range selector. You can select a specific range of dates, or even a single day.
Whenever you add or remove items from a report or change the date range, be sure to refresh the data by hitting the "Run Report" button.
Once you have the data that you need, the Download button allows you to download the current chart's tabular data as a CSV file.
4) Build your Reports!
After you've launched an episode, ad campaign, or podcast, your first question is probably, "How many downloads did it get?"
It’s a great first question. In fact, it's so common that Megaphone provides Report Shortcuts throughout the interface to provide you with answers as quickly as possible,
The Report Shortcuts look like this:
The shortcuts appear in the Podcast and Campaign Libraries, accessed via the corresponding buttons on the left-hand navigation. To check episode performance, you can also use the same shortcuts by clicking into any show in the Podcasts Library.
For example, to access downloads for a specific episode:
- Start in the Podcasts Library by clicking on Podcasts in the left-hand navigation.
- Click on the show of interest. This will take you to the Podcast Page.
- Beneath the podcast show art, you'll find a list of all episodes from that show.
- Locate the episode you're interested in and click on the Reports Shortcut next to your episode of choice.
- This will automatically take you to a report showing all the downloads for your episode.
Stats for Imported Episodes
For imported episodes, all downloads that were generated in the context of the importing feed will be automatically attributed to the original episode. For example, if you have a feed that only imports episodes from other podcasts then that feed will have zero downloads. This is the expected behavior.