Not only is it simple to import a Podcast into the Megaphone platform, setting up a new Podcast is just as straightforward. This article discusses instructions on how to setup and manage your new Podcast. Please also watch the video tutorial as it shows you interactively how to navigate the platform and to create a podcast.
Note: Only Org Admin and Ad Ops Manager users have the ability to create a new show. For other users needing to create a new show, please contact Megaphone Support through the Live Chat or at Support@Megaphone.fm .
How to Create a New Podcast:
Creating a new podcast is for brand new shows and will produce a new RSS feed that can be submitted to podcasting apps. Remember that simply creating a new podcast in Megaphone doesn't automatically publish to iTunes, Stitcher, or anywhere else without submitting directly.
- Start in the Podcast Library by clicking on the "PODCASTS" tab on the left side bar.
2. Once on the page click on the "CREATE PODCAST" button.
3. On the "Create a New Podcast" page, you'll need to fill in the following pieces of information:
- Podcast Title
- Podcast Subtitle
- Podcast Summary
- Network: If unsure, communicate with an Ad Ops Manager or Organization Admin before creating your show to determine the proper network.
- Podcast Type: a new field introduced by Apple for iOS 11 that allows you to specify a show as Episodic (default, episodes appear in iOS 11 as published) or Serial (episodes appear in iOS 11 in a specified order, best for shows that should be listened to in a specific order such as Ep 1, then Ep 2, etc.).
- Podcast Slug: this appears at the end of your show's URL. The slug should be lower-case and not contain any spaces or special characters (normally this is the same as your show name. Ex: The Great Podcast would have a slug of thegreatpodcast). But be cautious - once the slug is set it cannot be changed!
- Rating (Clean vs. Explicit)
- Podcast Category
- Podcast Language
- Advertising Tags: Tags are used for internal purposes only to help Ad Ops teams better organize episodes to be used in targeted campaigns. Tags are not visible to the public.
- Website Link: This field is associated with the "<link> </link>" tag of your RSS feed. Simply input your url in this field for your listeners to be able to click and visit the page from within the Podcast player that supports the tag.
- Owner Name
- Copyright Notice
- Cover Art for your Podcast (must be at least 1400x1400 but no greater than 3000x3000 pixels).
4. After you've entered all the relevant details simply click the "SAVE" button in the top right and you're done!
To view the new RSS feed, navigate to the new Podcast via the "Podcast" tab and click "Fee".
Please reach out to Megaphone Live Chat for any questions or for help when creating a new podcast.