If you have recently moved to Megaphone from another hosting platform, use the following steps to update your RSS feed directly with Spotify.
The following are the steps for how to update your RSS feed through Spotify for Podcasters:
- There is a new “Settings” tab in the podcast view that displays the podcast’s current RSS feed and Licenses
- Click on the ‘Update” button which opens the RSS feed update workflow in a modal view.
- Paste your new feed URL, which will then be validated
- Based on the feed URL, Spotify pre-selects the Licensor
- Creators with podcast-level access will be able to manually correct the Licensor if necessary. Those with network-level access will need to contact their account manager if they need to move a podcast out of their licensor
- You can then review the updates made. Go back and make changes or click “Submit” to confirm.
- After confirming you will be taken back to the “Settings” view where you will see the updated feed URL and Licensor data
Podcast Portal view of those with network-level Access:
Podcast Portal view of those with podcast-level Access:
Forewarning, Spotify has stated that it may take up to 24 hours for your changes to take place.
If you need support, please reach out to their team at firstname.lastname@example.org.