Last month, Spotify launched a new feature on Spotify for Podcasters that allows creators who deliver their podcasts to Spotify through a hosting platform, like Megaphone, to directly access their show's analytics.
This update will not impact your ability to access the analytics for your entire podcast library within the Megaphone reporting tab. The new feature will simply allow you as a podcaster to have more direct access to your Spotify-specific performance statistics.
This document provides the step-by-step instructions on how you can claim your podcast(s).
Please note the following:
- This process uses the email address in the RSS feed to confirm that you are the correct owner by sending a confirmation code. This can be changed via the Edit Podcast page in Megaphone, if needed.
- If the RSS feed has a generic or incomplete email address, you will not be able to verify your account. This will then result in not having access to Spotify for Podcasters.
- A single user will be able to claim multiple podcasts.
- Multiple users can claim the same podcast if each has access to the email address in the RSS feed.
- A Spotify account is required to claim access to Spotify for Podcasters. An account can be created for free on www.spotify.com/us/signup/.
- You can email Spotify for support directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to reach out via Live Chat with any questions - we hope this represents the beginning of a much closer connection between you and Spotify!