Third Party Tracking is an advanced option you can set up on an individual order in Megaphone. Often these are called Tracking Pixels, Tracking URLs, or Tracking Tags and come from third party ad management tools to monitor the delivery of a campaign. Please reach out to Live Chat before setting up tracking URLs to ensure proper setup and that tags are compatible with Megaphone capabilities.
If you are looking for information on setting up a Barometric campaign, please see this article.
You can add Tracking URLs to any order in Megaphone on the Edit Order page.
To be valid, Tracking URLs must:
- Be 1x1 pixels (they come in a URL format)
- Not include MACROS
Steps for Getting a Tracking URL from a Doubleclick Image Tag
1) Copy and paste the URL inside the quotation marks. In the example below this would be the highlighted portion after IMG SRC=" and before " BORDER="0"
Here's an example of an image tag with the tracking URL highlighted.
2) Paste the URL into a browser to make sure it loads properly (this will look like an all black page with a tiny dot of white in the center).
Here's an example of a functioning Tracking URL:
3) Copy the entire URL into the Tracking URL field for the order that you're working on. Hit save.
Megaphone validates the Tracking URL field for:
- The presence of http:// or https:// in all URLs
- The presence of https:// when macros are present (i.e. %%cachebuster%%)
- That macros are identified by %% at the beginning and ending of the phrase (%%cachebuster%%)
Please reach out to Megaphone Live Chat prior to setting up tracking URLs or with any questions about adding a third party tracking URL.